Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Works in Progress

I'm not sure I'm ready to call any of these finished yet. First up is another attempt at Moonlight Madness. I think it's more madness than moonlight, and still am pondering whether to just scrap it and start over.


El NiƱo Canyons, Aerial View
16 x 16 inches, Encaustic and Oil.



Wood Sprite
12 x 12 inches, Encaustic and Oil


Seahorse at Play
12 x 12 Inches, Encaustic and Oil


The Lady in the Lake
12 x 12 inches, Encaustic and Oil


Water Nymph
12 x 12 inches, Encaustic and Oil


Fire on Ice
12 x 12 inches, Encaustic


Many of these were inspired by the colors and gemstones of the southwest, and I had originally planned to do something with more metallic influence. I'm still debating that one.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of great work...the one without a title looks like islands or mountain peaks and valleys seen from above. Don't know if that helps :)

Carin Winkelman said...

Very interesting. I especially like the last one.

Dan Kent said...

Do not scrap!! Am I too late? I really like the first two as they are. They seem amorphous, layered, multifaceted - so are interesting. I especially like the subdued colors.

Maybe a name for the light green one could be "Archipelago".

Now, after my comment re subdued colors - I also am crazy about "Fire on Ice"!

Go figure.