Friday, January 21, 2011

Tree Studies











Here are some random imaginary trees....spruce, fir, oak, willow. I was following some of the tips from Terry Harrison's watercolor tree class on artistsnetwork.tv. That worked well for the softer trees, but I wonder what I would need to do for a Joshua tree or a palm? Any ideas?

I also took the chance to try out some Yupo samples. I love the Yupo! But I started another version of the red rocks on a bigger piece and the Yupo must have had dirt or oil from being handled, because it did not take the paint in spots.

8 comments:

Elza said...

Very nice spontaneous set-ups. I too am discovering watercolors.

Alex said...

Ooooh I love the brush strokes made! The effects are so different, and yet they are suggestive.

Carole Moran said...

Beautiful trees. Love the photo of joshua tree, too.

Cathy Holtom said...

Good brush strokes capturing the different types of trees.

Anonymous said...

Looks as if you really enjoyed painting these trees! They are indeed lovely!

Unknown said...

Wonderful experiments!

Anonymous said...

Great experiments and lively brushstrokes!

Unknown said...

The trees are great! I especially love the first one.