Monday, May 13, 2013

It has been challenging to say the least to make art with all the construction goings on. The parts of my studio that are temperature-sensitive are all in a heap in the middle of the living room. Everything else is in boxes in the garage, in no particular order.

I managed to find my way over to the library to teach the last two weeks anyway, and the children made beautiful birds from tinfoil and plaster-infused gauze bandages. (The idea was in this month's Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, which I love.)  The children each made two birds, one for the library and one to take home, and they had so much fun!  Here is a picture of a few of the library birds perched next to the spring baskets we made in March.


2 comments:

Alex said...

Very creative and they look fun!

Dan Kent said...

My heart goes out to you for your studio. That's because I know that a ceiling project in my house will mean that my studio will need to be completely disassembled! So if your misery needed company, here I am (or will be! ;)

You have a very talented class (or is it their teacher?!