Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What an eventful New Year!  Heart surgery for my husband, 10 days in ICU, and recovery from all that.  Then achilles tendon repair for me, with 6 weeks in a cast, and now a boot!  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Oh, yes, we had a "little" water incident in our home that has resulted in much unplanned-for reconstruction, the second time in two years this has happened.  We are almost through that, but it resulted in a "little studio pack-out.  I'm hoping to put it back together within a couple of weeks, when all the work on the house is done.

So, sporting a cast, I entered a few local art thingies, and that was fun!  To get ready, I needed to take some pictures of my latest work. I had some visitors to my photo booth:

Ahh! I look good in white.




Wait! Move over! Hiss! Growl! 


I may be little, but I won. And I look good in white, too.


Hey! I like it in here!

Without further ado, I here are some of my new pieces. I have only made it to 40 so far this year, but considering all that has gone on, I think I still have a good chance of making it to 200 by the end of the year.


"Hummingbird"
12 x 12 inches, encaustic and oil.


"Jellyfish"
12 x 12 inches, encaustic and oil.


8 x 9 inches, encaustic and oil.


8 x 9 inches, encaustic and oil.


2.5 x 3.5 inches, framed artists' trading card, encaustic and oil.


5 x 5 inches, encaustic and oil.


"Leaf # 2", 2012, 5 x 5 inches, encaustic and oil.


"Dream Sequence"
24 x 24 inches, encaustic and oil.


"Global Warming"
5 x 5 inches, encaustic and oil.


3 comments:

Alex said...

I love your cat ^^

Unknown said...

Sounds like a stressful time but it's good to see you've been able to keep up with your art. Your booth must have looked great with all that work on show!

Revelle Taillon said...

These are gorgeous!
Revelle
http://revelleimagemaker.blogspot.com