Thursday, February 10, 2011

Creative block










Nothing was working. I'd start on Yupo, then wipe it clean. Tried more tiger lilies and was completely "meh" with my results. So I decided to do something, anything, different. I took some various scraps and cut a stack of ATCs (Artist's trading cards, 2.5 x 3.5 inches). I found some paper that I had gessoed, glazed, and splatter painted with acrylics. I added some fabric hearts and lined them with bronze leaf pen. I found some gold cherubs and added them, then some valentines-inspired words and finished with embossing powder. Oh, and I added some color with some oil fabric painting sticks. Maybe the small scale and not being vested in the results helped me break through. Happy Valentines Day!

6 comments:

Carole Moran said...

Beautimous!

Elza said...

Best thing to do when something isn't working the way you want. You then made something really beautiful.

Alex said...

I really like the colors you put in your work =) Very earthy, lots of harmony

Unknown said...

Great decision! And I should try to remember this...when things start 'not working out' for me, I tend to sulk and put down art for a while. This seems much better! Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Mama, these are beautiful!

Barbara B said...

Gorgeous color. And the designs are so organic...it's nice that you could just let the project flow and not try to force anything. They have a grace and delicacy.