Saturday, February 5, 2011

working with resists





More,more more imaginary trees. The flowering pears have just bloomed along with the purple flowering plums. The first was done while waiting in a car with portable supplies, including Peterman watercolor papers. The next was started at the same time, but I wanted to play with resists and splatters so it was finished up in studio. I have not yet found the right brush for splattering....I used a toothbrush and got big spots I did not want with the masking fluid.

Next I pulled out the yupo and tried pink blossoming trees with masking fluid. I also switched back to the fan stippler, which I like more and more all the time.

3 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

I like them all and it looks like you enjoyed it too!

Alex said...

Very nice variations created by different techniques. Definitely a good (and fun) study

Unknown said...

I know I've mentioned it already, but all this experimentation will have you growing in skill by leaps and bounds!