Friday, February 18, 2011

new mini-collage





Still trying to do something, anything, to break through the creative doldrums. These were fun little miniatures to do.Yupo, again, scrap pieces in ATC size. Watercolor wash, and then I added a few drops of alcohol inks. Fun to watch them reacting! I then salted them. I liked what I ended up with, but I wanted something with a more organic feel on the reverse. So I put together little collages of fabric, potpurri bits and pieces, ribbon, and lace. Some of the alcohol ink smudged on the back, which I didn't mind.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Orange and blue is such a good mix. =) Actually it reminds me of the dutch national soccer team.
Lovely post!

Elza said...

Playing with Yupo is fun, I know. This weekend I hope to use another one of my backgrounds. Yours have turned out really well. Mine are 6" x 9" so not that small. It's amazing what you can fit on an ATC.

Unknown said...

The colors on that yupo look delicious!